Monday, March 31, 2008

Released

Yesterday I was released from the Young Women's presidency. It was really a bittersweet day. I have been in Young Women's for collectively almost 4 fours (I was in it, we moved to Twin for a couple months and I was released, we moved back and I was put back in it.) I am really going to miss working with the girls, their energy and giggles, especially now that I am not teaching it was fun to work with the youth. I am excited though to see what the Lord has in store for me, what will my next calling be. Yesterday Brent said, "Maybe you won't have a calling for a while," and I just burst into tears. For me, there is such a feeling of service and dedication to helping the Lord and others while holding a calling. I don't want a break from that, but if that's what is in store I guess I will enjoy sitting in Relief Society. :) It's exciting to think about what's in the future!

3 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

I totally know what you mean Jacque. They just released me from the Primary Presidency and I feel so weird sitting in Relief Society...I'm sure they won't let you free for long! Keep us posted on your new calling.

Jan said...

I think it's hard when you get released and don't go directly into something else -- and I also know that those girls will miss you. I'm sure there is a new adventure coming your way! I'm in love with Primary and wish everyone could be there with me!

Jacob and Emily said...

I've decided that the next place we move to I'm not filling out a "welcome to the ward" card. Or at least the "previous callings" portion. It seems that I'm doomed to be in the nursery my entire life! Just joking. We were the Activities leaders and it was a blast...for the first 2 activities. Then my committee decided they weren't going to do anything. I ended up planning and running the entire Christmas party by myself! (jake had finals so he couldn't do anything!) THat is a calling I fear!